Its been on our SUP bucket list for a while now but our first family SUP camping adventure has definitely got us wanting more!
With the perfect weather window approaching and Izzy desperate to do some camping, we planned our first family SUP adventure. It would involve a one way paddle route with an overnight beach camp spot. We took all our food and equipment with us, leaving nothing but footsteps in the sand along the way.
We hope this inspires you to try your own family SUP adventure. It has definitely made us realise that there are so many more adventures to be had as a family with a SUP!
- Start off small with a short distance.
- Paddle an area that you know well.
- Do your research – understand your tides (if on the sea) and weather conditions.
- Stay in your comfort zone and plan for every possibility and exist route. This is very important especially when paddling with kids!
- Tell other people where you are going and your plans and route.
- Take your time and enjoy every moment.
We also tracked our paddle on the GeoSUP app – Day 1 / Day 2 .
It also has a great function allowing you to ‘Share your location’ with others, so they can watch where you are live at any point on your adventure. A great safety feature too.