It’s that time again. It’s time for the worlds best male and female paddlers to raise the bar of SUP. It’s all to play for but one thing is for sure it will be action packed at ‘Sunset beach’ this weekend.
For 2014 the tour will consist of 6 stops;
1. Sunset Beach, Oahu: 8th – 16th February (combined with the Turtle Bay Pro for the women, running concurrently with the Men)
2. Brazil Pro Grand Slam: 29th March – 6th April (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Series Racing for both Men and Women)
3. Abu Dhabi All Stars Grand Slam: 11th – 19th April (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Racing Series for both Men and Women)
4. Tahiti Pro: 26th May – 2nd June (World Surfing Tour for Men)
5. Huntington Beach Pro Grand Slam: 15th – 21st September (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Racing Series for both Men and Women)
6. La Torche Pro France: 25th October – 2nd November (World Surfing Tour for both Men & Women)
With increased prize-money, significantly raised profile in each location as well as developed live broadcasts and increased TV distribution, 2014 promises to be the most dynamic and dramatic yet for the Stand Up World Tour with an improved experience for both athletes and audience.
On Friday 7th February the opening event, on site Registration and Annual General Meeting for the Stand Up World Tour will kick off at Sunset Beach Oahu. Since its first year in 2010, the Sunset Beach Pro has seen dramatic conditions and spectacular showdowns each and every year, and 2014 promises to be no different as the World’s best start to congregate on Oahu’s North Shore for the 5th Anniversary edition of the Sunset Beach Pro. The event will be combined with the Turtle Bay Pro for the women and the Na Kama Kai Youth Challenge for the U16′s, also at Turtle Bay.
As part of the festivities celebrating the 5th annual Sunset Beach Pro, The Waterman League and the Na Kama Kai foundation present a series of events focused on inspiring youth to get involved with ocean sports. On February 8 and 9, Turtle Bay Resort will host two free events – the Na Kama Kai Youth Clinic and Challenge.
Read more here.